Ah, pregnancy cravings. I've had them. A lot. And I've been craving some strange things. Here's what I've been craving...
1. Jelly Donut: this one was strange, because I don't even remember the last time I ate a donut, let alone a jelly donut. I never bought one, and the idea of any kind of donut is still taunting me. It's been around for a few weeks now.
2. Hostess Fruit Pies: again, something else I rarely have. I'm sure its been years since I've had one of these, mainly b/c I know they're not going to be amazing. They're kind of strange, but yet, I've been thinking about them all week. R nabbed me an apple one at Target today. (aww).
3. Chocolate shake: the idea of one has sounded like the most magical thing I could possibly have the past couple of weeks. I gave in in the form of a chocolate banana smoothie from Starbucks. I'm pretty proud of myself for this one. Only 270 cals, has a full banana/protein/fiber in it, and was THE perfect substitute (and breakfast) the other day. Killed that craving right off. It was glorious.
4. Fruit: at least I'm also craving healthy things, right? It's probably my body telling me I need more of it. I have dreams about fruit. Lately, it has been dreams about watermelon and cherries. Go figure, since neither are really in season. I did come across both in the grocery store, but didn't want to spend $6 on cherries, so just went for the watermelon. It wasn't nearly as good as I had hoped. This picture pretty much sums up my fruit cravings. It was my lunch the other day:
5. Tuna Salad: as I write this, I'm craving tuna salad like my mom used to make when I was younger. Yum.
No comments:
Post a Comment