Sunday, December 19, 2010

Baby Girafficorn

I've always joked with my friends about saying this, but, as it turns out, "I'm with child". I just found out today, as a matter of fact. I had a feeling from the dull cramps I don't typically get, that something was up. So, R and I went to the store, bought a couple of pregnancy tests, and about 20 minutes later, I was staring in disbelief at this:


Just like that, R and I's lives changed. Mine is more of an immediate change, as I have had to quickly read up on what I can and cannot consume (Meanwhile, R's job is just giving me googly eyes. He's pretty excited). Hopefully I haven't caused too much damage in the past weeks, since I had no clue I was pregnant. I'm going to have to find a doctor ASAP, as I haven't picked one out since I got insurance from my job (as I had been using the student health center during grad school, so was up to date on my checkups). And I suppose I should start reading about pregnancy, and the process, because even though I have several friends who have been through it, I'm admittedly still somewhat clueless (I skipped that whole child development class in high school, and took French and band instead).

The hardest part so far is keeping. my. mouth. SHUT! It's so difficult to not want to call up all of our family and friends and tell them our news, but Baby Girafficorn has chosen the perfect time to show up, because it's Christmas. What better time to tell family members that there will be a NEW family member in the following year? R and I are trying to think of creative ways to tell our families, and luckily both of our siblings are flying in for Christmas so we can tell everyone in person.

So here we are, our second Christmas being married, and with our first proof that Baby Girafficorn exists:

(the ornament is from my mother from our first Christmas as a married couple)

**And if you're wondering "What in the WORLD is a "girafficorn"? Don't worry, that's not what we're naming our child. All you need to see is our wedding cake topper to understand...


and this painting a friend of R's  gave us for our wedding, which really puts it all together:

No comments:

Post a Comment