Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Are You Going to Eat That?

Its happened. I've officially become one of those pregnant women who cannot stop eating, which may explain why my belly has decided to finally pop out out of nowhere. I have made it 6 months eating mostly healthy and normally (with the exception of a few weeks of nausea and only eating comfort food back in January during my 1st trimester), and while I'm still eating healthy, I'm pretty sure I'm eating a lot more than I used to. On my last visit to my midwife my weight jumped up 7lbs. I'm almost scared to see how much it has jumped up this month. I wonder if I'll get a lecture?

I've been craving a TON of fruit, and definitely enjoy a tasty treat from the chocolate or ice cream food group after dinner time...and sometimes before dinner time. I feel like a crazy person. One minute I feel totally content and full, and the next my stomach is growling and if I don't get something to eat quickly, someone is likely to get hurt. Luckily, R still has his sanity. He didn't cave last night when I demanded that we order Chinese food because grilling our chicken grillers from Hy-Vee last night was going to take an hour, and we could get Chinese food in 20 minutes. He risked a pregnancy meltdown with Zuul (my hormonal pregnancy alter ego, as R so lovingly calls it), but was lucky to only have to deal with a few whines and sighs as I cut up an orange to snack on while I waited for dinner.

Hopefully the insane hunger will pass. I'm excited to counter the hunger beast with some swimming. The outdoor pools open this weekend, and I feel like an 8-year-old going to Disneyland I'm so excited. I plan to spend a ridiculous amount of time at the pool this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment